Re: building from cvs problem

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 16:35 +0200, Ivan Blagdan wrote:
> Heh, risking to look very silly, i pull NM from CVS like this:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login
> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co
> -rSTABLE_0_3 NetworkManager
>
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
>
> And i get this:
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in
>
> Browsing the CVS on
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/NetworkManager/?only_with_tag=STABLE_0_3, i
> see no Makefile.in, i notice its in .cvsignore

Yes, Makefile.in should be created by running "automake", which should
be done automatically when you run ./autogen.sh.  Does autogen.sh report
any errors?  Does its output say that it is running automake at all?  It
should be...

> Id really appreciate some help,  i never compiled from CVS before, and
> im trying real hard to get NM working. NM that i installed from rpms
> gives me DHCP problems, either timeout or nonUDP ones, as i wrote in my
> previus mails.

If there's any way you can capture the packet that NM sends out to the
DHCP server, as well as what a working client sends to the DHCP server,
that would be great (ethereal is best for this).