Re: [patch] 'Start All Wireless Devices' bug fix

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 09:47 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Would this explain why the 0.3.5 Network Discovery options seem
> flakey?  I haven't actually looked at the code, but even when I set it
> to Never Search it still seems to search..  And the option _feels_
> like it doesn't stick across reboots (even though the checkbox remains
> set).

No, this is unrelated code, I think.

But I do see what you are talking about: it seems to me that NM is
always scanning, or at least displaying the results of a previous scan.

One thing we did in Netapplet was actually turn off wireless altogether
(and thus not scan) when on wired, if for no other reason than
conserving battery life.

	Robert Love