Re: [patch] first pass at gnome-keyring support, baby.

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 00:11 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 23:49 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> > So, I guess my point is that we shouldn't care too much about annoying
> > gnome-keyring dialogs at this point. Not that it doesn't matter, cause
> > it does, however all that work is elsewhere really.
>
> Nod.
>
> We can do a lot better, though.  Right now we force an unlock on startup
> because we parse every password.  Netapplet, for example, only required
> an unlock when you actually connected to an password-protected network.

So if we do lazy passphrase requests we'll have to make passphrase
requests from NMI pretty much like the current "Enter a new WEP key"
thing.  ie, we can't connect to the access point until we have the
passphrase/key, and so we need to wait for the user to unlock it.  We'll
have to set up another condition in the activation stages code to deal
with this.  I'll look into it when I get some time unless somebody else
does first.  Its a fairly large architectural/behavioral assumption
change though, so we need to be careful.

For the moment, feel free to go ahead and apply the patch to add the
keyring stuff.