Re: dhcdbd licensing

* Dan Williams (dcbw redhat com) wrote :
> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 18:21 +0200, Tom Parker wrote:
> > After a while of not looking at NetworkManager, I've started looking
> > at things like dhcdbd and getting it working on a Debian box.
> > Unfortunately, I can't seem to find what license it's released under.
> > The only info I can find is in the .spec file, which just says
> > "distributable", which is not very informative. The source files have
> > copyright notices, but no license mentions. So, how's it licensed?
>
> I'll cc Jason Vas Dias, the author.  He can reply to that.
>
> Jason: is there CVS for dhcdbd some place?  If not that would probably
> be a good idea, we might be able to host it at rhlinux.redhat.com or
> sourceforge or something.

Dan, Jason:
Ubuntu really needs to see this sorted before we can use NetworkManager;
currently the lack of licensing means that dhcdbd is undistributable for us.
Jason, if you really don't care, then can I suggest a similar license to that
of dhcp3 itself? If you could create a new tarball/srpm with a license, that
would be a great help.
Cheers,
-Thom