NetworkManager in Chinese

I’m trying to get NetworkManager running on a Chinese linux distribution using the 0.3 stable branch pulled from CVS.  I have run into two different problems.  When I run NetworkManagerInfo, a space for the applet appears on the notification bar, but no images appear.  There isn’t a radar animation or CAT5 plug image, just an empty space.  If I click on the empty space, it does react and show me the list of wireless networks I can connect to and I can connect to the network of my desire.  So the important functionality is there, I just can’t see the image.  This Linux distro uses the KDE desktop, but when I boot into RHEL4, NetworkManagerInfo works fine in KDE, so in theory that shouldn’t be a problem.

The other problem I ran into is getting the text to show up in Chinese.  I’ve glanced through the .po files and there appears to be a Chinese translation for much of the application text, but I don’t see how to enable it.  I have all the environment variables set to use zh_CN and the rest of my desktop is in Chinese.  But when I bring up a NetworkManagerInfo dialog box, all the text is in English, except for the Cancel button which is in Chinese.

Any insights anyone might offer into solving these problems would be very much appreciated.  I’ve pretty much hit a brick wall on these two issues.

--Ron