Re: Problems connecting using ahteros based wireless card

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:46:49 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

<snip>
> So, if you could do the "watch" thing, that would be great, and report
> teh results, ie do you see the MAC address be FF:FF:FF... for most of
> the period when NetworkManager tries to connect to it?  Dos it usually
> stay at the access points MAC?
>
> Second, what is the output of "lspci", and what brand/model is your
> Atheros card?  I personally use a Netgear WG511T to test out the madwifi
> drivers and haven't noticed any problems, but that's because the card is
> b/g only most likely, and doesn't do 802.11a.

first here the output of lspci:
02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Unknown device 17ab:8331
        Memory at c0210000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]

now my findings:
i upgraded NetworkManager to CVS from 20050127 to do the tests.
when nm fails to connect (to get a network link) the mac of the ap stays
the same! i can then quit nm and manually configure the interface and
everything would work great. event the mode of the card does not change
(ie it does not switch to a only mode like others reported).

so why does networkmanager think there is now hardware link? what else
could i do?

thanks, bye
stefan