Re: patch for crasher plus dhcp troubles

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 21:09 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 14:59 -0500, Bill Moss wrote:
> >  From you syslog output, it appears that you do not have the latest CVS.
> > There was an update to the dhcp code on 1-7.
> >

> Guess I just missed that. New output from NetworkManager --no-daemon and
> Ethereal capture. Attached run is from CVS with my patch.
>
> For the record this is on ppc 32-bit on a FC3 Rawhide system.

Here is another data point - NM from CVS doesn't work on my T41 laptop
with a Cisco AIRO 802.11b networking interface (airo driver). I was able
to connect to another AP in my building (linksys), but not to davidznet.

So it appears that the DHCP code in NM doesn't link talking to the DHCP
server in my Linksys WRT54G router, maybe because the router itself runs
Linux? :-). I will try connecting my MA111 USB device to another
wireless
network at work tomorrow to see if it can connect to other AP's.

Hope this helps,
David