Re: Next release

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 14:55 -0500, Ken VanDine wrote:
> Do you mean you grab the vpn-daemons/openvpn/ directory from
> NetworkManager cvs,and stuff it into 0.5.1 release source, patch and
> build that?

My understanding is that you can configure the vpn-daemons/openvpn
directory totally outside from the rest of the NM tree, but anyway, what
I did was:

- Install the Network Manager 0.5.1 .deb (and the -dev deb) from
http://bootlab.org/~j/NetworkManager-breezy/

- Checkout the current CVS HEAD of Network Manager
- Patch the vpn-daemons/openvpn directory with my patch
- I then took the nm-openvpn diff.gz file from the above url
- patched that into the vpn-daemons/openvpn tree
- then built a debian package using dpkg-buildpackage

The last 3 steps are only needed for building the debian package, you
could just as well run ./autogen.sh in the vpn-daemons/openvpn tree and
install it directly to the appropriate place.

Crispin