Re: [patch] make NM survice a HAL restart

On Thursday 15 December 2005 18:51, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:04 -0500, Robert Love wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 14:45 +0100, Timo Hoenig wrote:
> > > Personally I'd go for the first approach.
> >
> > Me too.
> >
> > And this is great.  Dan?
>
> Yeah, first one looks better to me as well.
>
> One thing to keep in mind; when HAL starts back up again, what if the
> device list is different?  We should eventually have some code to grab
> the device list from the restarted HAL, diff it against our internal
> list, and add/remove devices that have changed.  ie, HAL dies and in
> the interim you remove your PCCard.  Right now we're screwed.

That remembers me of some problems having with NM.
Before I was used to name my wirelss wlan0 instead of eth0 using
ifrename. Can NM handle this scenarion at runtime?

Another problem is, that NM still shows scan results, after switching
my wireless radio off. Shouldn't it disable wireless?

I'm using ipw2200-1.0.6.

Nikolaus

--
out of signatures