Re: NetworkManager support for "restricted" or "shared" keys

Dan Williams wrote:

> If your access point accepts Open System connections, but doesn't
>
>actually pass their traffic (if no 802.1x authentication is being used,
>that is), then the access point is being stupid and needs a firmware
>upgrade or a replacement.  What model access point is causing the
>problems?

It's one of those bog standard blue Netgear access points, WG302.  One
thing that might have confused the system is that the ESSID has been
used before but in open config (I think).  Our office in the US has the
same name as the one in the UK with the same key.  Will NetworkManager
have an issue with this?  Maybe if I delete the network from
NetworkManager it will work.  How do I do that anyway?

Cheers,

Nick.
begin:vcard
fn:Nick Atkins
n:Atkins;Nick
org:Scalix Corporation
adr:Suite 602;;1400 Fashion Island Blvd.;San Mateo;CA;94404;USA
email;internet:nick atkins scalix com
title:Principal Software Engineer
tel;work:+1 650-931-9418
tel;cell:+1 650-776-7440