Re: Gentoo and NetworkManager

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 22:32 +0200, Magnus Ottosson wrote:
> Aug 29 22:26:56 alfons dhclient: execve (/sbin/dhclient-script, ...): No
> such file or directory

This is the magic line, as /sbin/dhclient-script is what pushes the dhcp
info back to NetworkManager...  Red Hat had some patches against
dhclient-script that does this, others have asked about them before.  It
appears that your dhclient package in Gentoo is either misconfigured, or
wrong for Gentoo.  Where does gentoo normally store the interface setup
script that dhclient calls?

> I noticed that in /etc/dhcp I have the following files:
>
> -rwx------  1 root root 6931 Aug 29 18:31 dhclient-script.sample
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root  993 Aug 29 18:31 dhclient.conf.sample
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 3176 Aug 29 18:31 dhcpd.conf.sample
>
> Does these files need to be configured? And if so with what? Or what
> could be my problem? I do not have /sbin/dhclient-script. Should I have
> that?

Yeah, that's pretty much required.  Or, dhclient needs to be pointed to
where Gentoo's dhcp setup script actually lives.  Then, you'll need to
make sure you've got the correct stuff in that script to push the
options to dhcdbd too.  What version of dhcdbd do you have?