Re: NMDispatcher

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 09:42 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
Thanks.  Unfortunately there is no /etc/init.d/NetworkManagerDispatcher
initscript in the 0.3.5 package, which was the basis of my question.  I
suppose
I could create a new initscript based on the existing one...

Nobody was really using it around the 0.3.5 timeframe, so it never got
packaged...  That doesn't mean we can't package it up now though.  If
you install from CVS, NetworkManagerDispatcher gets install, but never
activated, following a policy of "if people actually need it, then we'll
run it all the time but only then."  I didn't want to run yet another
daemon by default when there wasn't yet a clear use for it.

Well, the RPM installs it.. But there's no initscript to start the Dispatcher.

Thanks for the additional information..  It sounds like the script location
changed between 0.3.5 and whatever is in FC4 (STABLE_0_4?).

Yes, to consolidate locations of stuff with the VPN changes in 0.4, so
that everything is under /etc/NetworkManager rather than in 3 places at
once.  We could make that change to 0.3.5 as well to get the two closer
together, even though 0.3.5 won't have VPN support.

Might not be a bad idea, IMHO. It's unlikely that people are using it right now
(since there's no initscript to start the Dispatcher).

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available