NetworkManagerDaemon (was Re: Where are NM scripts stored?)

Derek Atkins <warlord MIT EDU> writes:

> Running STABLE_0_3, where can I put scripts that get run when NM binds
> to a _new_ IP address?  I don't see anything "obvious" in /etc or
> in the docs.

Searching through the code I found the answer: /etc/NetworkManager.d
HOWEVER, it appears that the FC3 RPM installs but does not run the
NetworkManagerDispatcher daemon.  Is there some reason for this?
Now is the Dispatcher daemon supposed to be run?  Is it supposed
to be a root daemon or a user daemon?  Is there some reason that it's
not run by the initscript?

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available