Not detecting link up on ethernet

Hi,

When I start Networkmanager, it correctly brings up my eth0 device.
When I unplug the network cable, it correctly tries to connect my
wlan0 device.  But for some reason, when I plug back in the network
cable, NetworkManager never seems to get the device plugged in event.

I'm running Ubuntu hoary (2.6.10 kernel) on the following network hardware:

eth0:
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit
Ethernet PCI Express (rev 01) using the tg3 kernel driver included in
2.6.10 (plus whatever patches ubuntu may have made)

wlan0:
Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless
LAN Controller (rev 03) using ndiswrapper 1.2rc1

when I plug in the ethernet cable, the following appears in my syslog:
Apr 18 10:58:19 localhost kernel: tg3: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps,
half duplex.
Apr 18 10:58:19 localhost kernel: tg3: eth0: Flow control is off for
TX and off for RX.

...but nothing from NM.

Thanks,
-Joe