Re: VPN Support committed

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 12:45 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Cool!
>
> What's the plan w.r.t. custom configurations of the vpnc connection manager?
> For exmaple, my vpnc-connect (and vpnc.conf) contain "Targeted Networks"
> configurtion so only partial routes will get forwarded across the VPN instead
> of all traffic.  Will your hooks still work with that change to the
> "vpnc-connect" script?

If you could post some of the ifconfig or iproute commands in your vpnc-
connect file, that would be great.  I simply don't have any examples of
that at this time, and having some would allow me to implement it.

> I presume your changes also handle re-pointing of DNS servers?

Yes.  In the initial implementation, all DNS traffic runs over the VPN-
provided DNS servers, but quite soon I hope to be able to route just
traffic for the VPN-provided domain (ie CISCO_DEF_DOMAIN) and everything
else over the regular servers. NOTE: regular glibc/nscd _cannot_ do
that, so if you want this feature, you'll need to use the caching-
nameserver configuration.