Re: Trying to compile NetworkManager

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 12:02 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Fedora-3 with KDE.
> I've been trying to get a recent version of NM working on my laptop.
> (I was told this might help get NM running with my Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card.)
>
> I first tried to install NetworkManager-0.4-6.cvs20050404.i386.rpm
> but this came up with a huge list of required packages
> which are not available in Fedora Core updates.

You probably don't want to use that package version.  NetworkManager has
two branches now, STABLE and HEAD.  The only real difference between the
two is that HEAD targets dbus 0.3 and HAL 0.5.  These versions of HAL
and dbus are not available on Fedora Core 3, and so you have to use
STABLE for FC3.  I've been quite actively backporting fixes to the
STABLE branch of NetworkManager, and even some new features are done on
STABLE and up-ported to HEAD.

HEAD = NetworkManager-0.4
STABLE = NetworkManager-0.3.4

If you can wait a day or so, I'll push the latest NetworkManager-0.3.4
to fc3-updates-testing.