[ ndiswrapper-Patches-1062614 ] Adds /sys/class/net/wlan0/device and related files support]

I got this today from the ndiswrapper developers.  My patch
has been merged into CVS and will appear in the next release.

----- Forwarded message from "SourceForge.net" <noreply sourceforge net> -----

To: noreply sourceforge net
From: "SourceForge.net" <noreply sourceforge net>
Subject: [ ndiswrapper-Patches-1062614 ] Adds /sys/class/net/wlan0/device and related files support
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:13:26 -0800

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by pgiri
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=604452&aid=1062614&group_id=93482

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This patch re-enables the calls to SET_NETDEV_DEV
inside ndis_init_netdev.  This fully populates the
/sys/class/wlan0 directory with all necessary files
related to the network device.  The patch is against
ndiswrapper-0.11.

I've tested this on my Dell D600 with a Dell 1400
wireless card.  This allows GNOME's NetworkManager to
find the device and work correctly with it.  This is
untested with USB hardware, as I have none to test
with. Re: USB, it does check the kernel version, as I
saw that the structures for USB network devices changed
from 2.4 -> 2.6.

ja.