Re: error in named.conf

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 21:21 -0500, Bill Moss wrote:
> A corrected named.conf appears below. The pid-file name must be quoted.

?  The BIND admin manual says:

"Specifying pid-file none disables the use of a PID file — no file will
be written and any existing one will be removed. Note that none is a
keyword, not a file name, and therefore is not enclosed in double
quotes."

> This syntax error caused the dns service to fail. The correction fixes
> the problem. Now I have infrastructure mode and dns working.

Are you absolutely sure that it was that specific change which solved
the problem, and not something else you changed at the same time?  What
version of BIND do you have?