Re: local nameserver support

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 18:45 +0100, Magnus Ottosson wrote:
> I'm using gentoo and I wanted to try out the latest NM so i downloaded
> the cvs version and compiled it. I also emerge bind
>
> net-dns/bind
>        Latest version available: 9.2.2-r3
>        Latest version installed: 9.2.2-r3]
>        Size of downloaded files: 4,975 kB
>        Homepage:    http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html
>        License:     as-is
>
> But when I start the network manager I get something like: Cannot start
> nameserver...

Is there any more information in /var/log/messages?  Failing that, could
you do:

strace -o /tmp/nm.strace -fF -s300 /usr/bin/NetworkManager

Wait 5 seconds, then do a Control-C:

gzip /tmp/nm.strace

And email the resulting nm.strace.gz to me privately
(walters verbum org).

> What is causing this? I could figure out how to apply this: setsebool -P
> named_disable_trans true

I don't think the default Gentoo installs enable SELinux yet, so that
command probably isn't applicable for you at the moment.