Re: Problems on FC3

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 08:20 -0500, Lance A. Brown wrote:
> I found that rebooting the system allowed me to start NetworkManager.
>
> Installing the NetworkManager-gnome RPM gets me the user interface, but
> I am unable to successfully configure the wireless connectoin using this
> tool.  NM does not appear to be patient enough in waiting for the
> wireless NIC to associate with my AP (Linksys WRT54G) using the 128-bit
> WEP key I supply.

Atheros, you say?  I've got a 5212-based card (Netgear WG511T) and a
WRT54G and I believe I've had issues with connection at various points
in time.  I'll have to do some experimentation.  The link checking code
needs a bit of a fixup anyway, the exact window when the card says its
connected is somewhat obscure.