Re: tcpdump experiment

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 13:21 -0500, Bill Moss wrote:
> cvs1117 works for me but DHCP fails for cvs1208. Here are some tcpdump
> experiments for both. Notice the length difference in line 5 and the arp
> differences in line 6.

Ok, I'll have to look into the length stuff.  What the code is doing is
building up the DHCP datagram message and passing the length of _only_
that DHCP message into sendto().  Previously, it used to pass the entire
Ethernet packet in with the length of that.  I'm assuming here that the
kernel will "do the right thing" with the message after I've sent it.
More investigation required.

What exact model of SMC Barricade is your unit?

Thanks,