nautilus hangs occasionnaly on a right click

when right-clicking on a non-selected item, nautilus hangs occasionnally
That hanging is permanent. When I try to close the window,
gnome-session complains that nautilus is not responding.
Often, after forcing nautilus to close, the auto-restart works, but
sometimes I must restart everything, because closing and restarting the
session doesn't bring nautilus back properly (no wallpaper, no icons on
desktop).
I took the habit of always selecting the item with a left click
before a right click.
It seems to work better when I take that precaution, and almost never
hangs.
Is that a known bug?
machine: PIII-600, only 128 MO memory, but 512 MO swap
distribution: Fedore core 4 (up to date)
--
Patrick