Re: Extentions and mimetype

Paul van der Vlis <paul <at> vandervlis.nl> writes:

> Hello,
>
> How can I change the default program what opens when I click on a
> document with some extention/mimetype?
>
> I am using Nautilus 2.8.2 (what comes with Debian Sarge).
>
> Now I edit /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache, but there must be a
> better way....
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

In Nautilus, right-click on a file and choose Properties.

Go to the "Open With" tab.

Click "Add" if the program you want to use to open files of that type is not in
the list - and add that program.

Finally, select the program from the list (radio-button) that you want to use to
open files of that type.

It should work right away - no need to restart the machine like on other OS'es,
hehe.

Voila.

Rgrds, Inzpektor