Re: Nautilus integration with SELinux

Red Hat would like to improve integration between SELinux and Nautilus. We would like to have nautilus display, and allow the user to modify SELinux related security properties of files and directories. I wanted to get some feedback and suggestions on a possible UI for this. The current permissions tab looks cluttered, and I'm not sure what's the best way to add selinux support to it. Should we have a new tab for this? What should it look like?

There are certain incorrect (or half-correct) statements that I've made in the previous outline. Please reserve comment on specifics until I can discuss the issue further with nsa-selinux-list, and get a better idea of how it should work.

The URL I posted from James Morris is still useful to figure out what this integration project is all about. I suggest anyone interested should take a look at that.