Nautilus to set desktop icon positions by user: suggestion

I would think a lot of gnome users would appreciate the concept of making preferences in nautilus to give the users the ability to lock desktop icon positions and when you clean desktop it will clean in the position the icons were set to. For example some mac users who come to linux and use gnome naturally are used to having the icons on the right while windows users are used to having the icons on the left. It would be very nice to have this feature into nautilus preferences to have icons set to the left or right depending on user preference.
Please I'd encourage the developers to consider this idea.
Thanks for your time, I hope people out there like myself wish for this feature too.

-Dylan