Too Many Files To Display...

Hi,

How come Nautilus can’t display all the files in a folder? I have a large hard drive that has lots of documents on it and Nautilus shows about 1/10th of what is on there. It is an SMB location. It seems to crap out at about 1000 items. Why does it do that? I have found that using Mozilla and some other applications do not have this problem, but it is the “default” for Linux. There shouldn’t be a cap on the amount of items to display. It should be able to show all the files in a folder. It’s annoying when I am working from one of my other computers and have to get out of Nautilus and go find a different program to get what I needed from network hard drive. I have been pushing hard to get transferred over to Linux, but there are so many problems and long way around routes to get things done that it is making the transition harder and more frustrating than it should be.

Best of luck fixing this problem

Derrick