Re: Newbie needs help

Am Montag, den 02.01.2006, 16:07 +0100 schrieb Alexander Nagel:
> Hi all,
> i want to write a extension to nautilus and looked for docs or howto but
> the only thing i found was the code in CVS (sendto and burn)
> As i understand it a extension has two things: a lib and a normal prog.
> So far so good.
> I need docs for libnautilus-extension.
> Where can i find it?

http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/log/2003/Nov/29

provides a short introduction. In short, you'll have to write a small
module (basically a shared library offering some particular functions)
and implement at least one of the provider interfaces. The library will
be put into $prefix/lib/nautilus/extensions-1.0 and Nautilus will
automatically use all the installed extensions on startup using
g_module_open.

I'm sorry that there are no decent docs available, and I encourage you
to write them, maybe including skeleton tarballs :).

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>