Re: Trash LocationWidgetProvider

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 11:20 -0700, Lakin Wecker wrote:
> Thanks again for the feedback.  I've updated the patch.  I originally
> misunderstood what you meant about not using the extensions for core
> internals, but I think I get it now.
>
> This new patch has a few improvements:
> 1) the trash-bar files have been moved into src/ which more closely
> mirrors what's currently done for search-bars.
> 2) the nautilus-trash-directory object no longer implements the
> LocationWidgetProvider interface.
> 3) nautilus_trash_directory_bar_get_button() is removed.
> 4) the nautilus-window-manage-views.c code has been updated to not
> leak the directory.
>
> However, I have a few questions.  Now that the
> NautilusLocationWidgetProvider interface is no longer used, I needed
> to add the empty-trash callback to the trash-bar.  This is currently
> done when I create the bar in nautilus-window-manage-views.c which
> feels wrong, but I don't know where else to put it.
>
> Also, it seems that the code that is in nautilus-window-manage-views.c
> creates a bar which is never cleaned up anywhere. but this may be
> because I'm not familiar with
> nautilus_window_add_extra_location_widget () and how it cleans up
> after itself.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, because you didn't attach the patch,
however, the extra widgets added in with add_extra_location_widget gets
cleaned up in the call to remove_extra_location_widgets() in
update_for_new_location().

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an uncontrollable guitar-strumming boxer haunted by memories of 'Nam.
She's a green-fingered renegade femme fatale fleeing from a Satanic cult. They
fight crime!