Re: File transfert rate

Am Dienstag, den 27.09.2005, 19:46 +0200 schrieb lr sib org:
> To end my migration, I need to transfer a lot of data by the network, using ssh, ftp, smb and direct file transfert.
> I just would like to make you a proposal about the file transfer progress dialog : display the rate speed information.

How does that speed up the transfer itself? Isn't the onliest
important/interesting information how long the process will most likely
take? I'm using the netspeed applet [1] to detect the effective (i.e.
gross) transfer speed. btw.

[1] http://www.wh-hms.uni-ulm.de/~mfcn/shared/netspeed/

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>