Re: nautilus copy file

Am Samstag, den 24.09.2005, 08:03 +0330 schrieb mola pahnadayan:
> Hi all  ;-)
> I write a script that when u click on script that open the dialog where
> u want to copy file and then copy file there .
> i copy with "cp" , Now i want to change cp with nautilus copy/paste file
> (open dialog copy with progressbar ) , what can i do  ?

Nothing. It is simply impossible to invoke the progress dialog from
shell scripts and make it act as a "cp" GUI. The dialog is only
displayed if a file transfer is initiated from within the Nautilus
process.

I wonder why you need this particular functionality. You can drag the
selected files to an open target folder just fine - in Nautilus 2.14
you'll also be able to drag them to the bookmark sidebar.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>