Re: Deactivating the Trash

Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2005, 21:13 +0200 schrieb Nikolaus Rath:
> Is it possible to deactivate the Trash completely? Meaning that the
> "Move to Trash" command is actually being replaced by "Delete".

No, I don't think this is possible as of today. Feel free to file a bug
report, I think this is a good idea for Nautilus 2.14. We should really
have 4 deletion/trash operation modes:

I none
II trash only
III delete only
IV trash/delete

only II and IV can be achieved with the current prefs, where II is the
default and IV is used if /apps/nautilus/preferences/enable_delete is
set.

You can remove all references to trash operations from the GUI, though,
by removing all XML tags containing Trash from /usr/share/nautilus/ui.

Note that this will not bind the del key to deletion. The files would
still be moved to the trash in this case.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>