Re: desktop icon's size

Selecting "default size" in preferences works well for most icons, but some apps (XMMS, Firefox, ...) install a non-standard size icon and the only solution is to stretch them manually (which is not perfect, as it is a visual adjustment). As a result, the desktop is never aligned.

In fact, I have a script (just a hack) that generates icons with the same size and changes desktop launchers, but I wanted to know if there is a good way to to this.

I agree that we shouldn't obsess with having every Window$ option, but it's important for users (specially for novice users), to feel confortable with their desktop. That's the first thing that non-linux people asked me about my desktop: why the icons are so disorganised???

Anybody else thinks that this could be a useful option for future Gnome versions? which is the correct place to ask for it?