slow performance in nautilus ssh copy

Hi,

When I try to copy a file via nautilus ssh connection (connect to server
and then choose "ssh" as protocol), the performance between 2 locally
connected servers is around 1.2 MB/s, and the processors are not even
utilized more than 20%.
However, on the same servers, when I try to scp from command line, the
speed is around 11 MB/s for the same file (tested with a big enough file
of around 1GB), and the processors are fully utilized.

Is there a bandwidth limitations in nautilus, is my setup bad, or is a bug
and I should file a bug report ?

Can someone verify and confirm/infirm my findings ?

Thanks,
Paul