Re: emblems and nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info

2005/6/2, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>:
> On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 14:22 +0200, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > i've written an extension to share folders, so when a folder is shared
> > a palm emblem appears under the folder icon. And when unshared it
> > dissappears.
> >
> > These parts are working.
> >
> > But when i rename the folder, nautilus doesn't call the function, that
> > check the folder status (share or unshared)
> >
> > When i want nautilus to recheck the status i call this function :
> > nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info.
> >
> > So i wanted to know if there is a way to call
> > nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info when the use rename/mv
> > the folder.
> >
> > That's true that the "shared status" shouldn't be changed when the
> > user just move or rename a folder, but  from the filesystem point of
> > view, you can't know if a file has been removed or renamed.
> >
> > I tried with things like fam or gamin, and it is never implemented (
> > from BUGS: The FAMMoved event is not currently supported.)
> >
> > Another solution would be to have a hook on the move/rename event. Can
> > it be accessed from an extension?
>
> I don't think you're supposed to need this. Whenever the file changes
> nautilus itself invalidates the file info and re-asks for it. In general
> you need only call nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info() when
> something happened to the file that nautilus doesn't know about.
yes, that's what i was expecting
Is there something like a cache, and calling
nautilus_file_info_invalidate_extension_info ask to flush the cached
info on a specified folder ?

> However, there might be a bug that makes this not work for the case of
> renames.
Could you tell me where i could look in nautilus code to see if it's a
bug or not?

thanx

--
Sebastien Estienne