Re: [PATCH] Re: Unable to browse web pages from nautilus
- From: David Christian Berg <david sipsolutions net>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>, nautilus-list gnome org, Markus Bertheau <twanger bluetwanger de>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: Unable to browse web pages from nautilus
- Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:43:57 +0200
On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 15:24 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 11:24 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 28.06.2005, 10:18 +0200 schrieb Markus Bertheau:
> > > Dnia 28-06-2005, Di o godzinie 08:55 +0200, Baptiste Mille-Mathias
> > > napisał(a):
> > >
> > > > Nautilus doesn't support anymore this feature. This is now the Web
> > > > browser's job.
> > > > I closed your bug.
> > >
> > > I think you misunderstood Thomas. He doesn't want the web page to be
> > > displayed in nautilus itself, but for nautilus to start the application
> > > that handles the http protocol.
> > The attached patch should help.
> Is this sort of behaviour actually needed? Do we really expect people to
> type in filenames in the location bar in the filemanager?
It's sort of nice to do so, because tab completion allows you to access
the right file easily via the location bar. Maybe a little geeky, but
it's not drawback for other users.
] [Thread Prev