Re: [patch] Add directory mime types to the folder desktop file

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 17:50 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
> Attached is a patch which adds x-directory/normal and inode/directory to
> the list of mime types that nautilus-folder-handler.desktop handles.
> Otherwise, if presented with inode/directory, my desktop opens
> konqueror. :)

Please commit.

> (On a related note, gnomevfs-info on a directory usually presents me
> with a mimetype of x-directory/normal.  Shouldn't that be deprecated in
> favor of inode/directory?  The latter is in the shared MIME spec.  The
> former isn't.)

For historical reasons we use x-directory/* for directories in gnome-vfs
and Nautilus. I know this isn't what the mime spec says, but this is
hardcoded in many places in Gnome, so its hard to change.

He's a suicidal neurotic senator whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
brilliant hip-hop fairy princess with only herself to blame. They fight crime!