Re: Opening Nautilus with a tree view.

Hello John,

Op Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:30:31 +1100, schreef John Lovely:

> I wish to use Nautilus instead of Konqueror because it is more stable

Nautilus and Konqueror are two very different programs. Stability is one
concern, but Nautilus isn't just a drop-in replacement for Konqueror.

> (also Mandriva now uses Nautilus by default in KDE)

I don't know where you got this idea, but I can say with approximately
100% certainty that this isn't the case.

> I believe this can be done by modifying the xml config file, but there is
> no documentation for this.
>
> Can anyone tell me
> 1. How to get a tree view at all?
> 2. How to make it the default view?

I don't know to which "xml config file" you are referring, but you could
try to enable the "Always open in browser windows" checkbox under Edit >
Preferences > Behavior.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen