Re: sidebar question

On Die, 2005-08-02 at 21:17 +0200, Bruno wrote:
> Just a small question (I hope). I'm useing nautilus (2.10.0) with a tree
> structure in the sidebar. It shows a link to my home directorty (/home)
> and one for the rest of the filesystem (/ ). I have an other partition
> on a different hard drive that I use for backing up inportant files
> (/mnt/Extra) I don't wont to lose, just in case I have to do a fresh
> install. Guess it's still a trick I kept from my windows days.
> Now here's my question. Can I add a new parent level link in the sidebar
> tree of nautilus to this partition (or mount point)?

You can't directly add a new root to the treeview but you can circumvent
it as follows: click on File->Connect to Server, choose Custom Location,
enter the path to your second partition, i.e. /mnt/Extra, and click on
Connect. The "connected server" will be shown in the treeview as a root
(and on the desktop, in "Computer", and in the Places menu, too).

HTH,

Jürg

--
Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch>