Re: open() and cancellation - #123472
- From: Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: open() and cancellation - #123472
- Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:16:22 +0200
Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 18:33 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero a écrit :
> Bug #123472 has been biting us here at Novell because people mount
> netware filesystems (!) and Nautilus leaks file handles. It does this
> while opening and reading text files to generate icons for them.
> I just submitted a patch to bugzilla. It patches file-method.c.
> Although the bug report mentions that handles may be leaked for any
> method which does not handle cancellation on its own, I think
> file-method is by far the most important.
> Does the patch seem reasonable? It certainly fixes the problem with
> text files for me.
This patch should be sent to gnome-vfs mailing list, I think :)
BTW, it looks fine for me, I've just added it to Mandriva gnome-vfs2
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
] [Thread Prev