Near term development plans - help us fix bugs!

The Gnome 2.8 cycle had a fair amount of changes to Nautilus initially,
but not that much stabilization and polish work after that. Due to this
we would like to delay the branching of nautilus for some time and work
on fixing bugs and do some polishing. There has been a while since we
last focused on bugfixing, but the last time we did (after the 2.4
release) it helped a lot making nautilus a better product.

I know a lot of people  like working on cool new features, and that the
1300 open bugs in bugzilla are pretty daunting to look at, but all apps
must spend a reasonable fraction of development time on stabilization
and bugfixing.

So, please, take a look at bugzilla. Triage some bugs, find ways to
duplicate bugs, plug memory leaks, fix crashers, fix obvious bugs, etc.
Only a few people normally helps with this, but perhaps we can try to
get some new blood in. It might not be the coolest thing you can do, but
its a great way to learn about the Nautilus codebase, learn about Gnome
development and contribute to free software!

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly Amish photographer on the edge. She's a cosmopolitan
hypochondriac mechanic with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!