Re: NautilusIconContainer from NautilusWindow?

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 18:40 +0200, Daniel Godas wrote:
> hi,
>
> i was trying to add the following effect to the desktop: when you
> click on a floder (using the spatial view) a new view opens, my idea
> was to create a small view that would fly from the clicked folder icon
> to its final position while growing and rotating along the way. I have
> the growing/rotating problem solved and i can get the final position
> from the files metadata but my problem is that i cant get the starting
> point. I just need the x and y coordinates of the icon that has been
> clicked but i dont know how to get them. If i had a pointer to the
> container where the icon was, then i could find it searching among the
> selected icons but i dont know how to get that pointer.
>
> i have the NautilusFile object and the NautilusWindow where the icon
> was clicked, how can i get the icons coordinates?

You can't in general. I mean, the window might not even have an icon
view in it. If you want to do something like this you have to create the
interfaces in the view/viewframe APIs that are needed.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a scarfaced neurotic astronaut who hangs with the wrong crowd. She's an
artistic cat-loving cab driver who don't take no shit from nobody. They fight
crime!