Re: arrow keys not jumping to next line

> I'm not sure. Its sort of a weird behaviour for moving around what is
> basically a grid. Consider the desktop, should moving right at the right
> side of the screen move to the "next line"? On the other hand, it is a
> useful operation, if you want to select a range of icon in the sort-
> order.
>
> What behaviour does other file managers and apps with similar UI have?

I checked Explorer and it doesn't jump to the next line, but in other
respect it has a _very_ strange behaviour concerning the keys, so I
guess that doesn't count. I also hat a look at the gimp-toolbox, and
again, no jumping (I thought it would jump). So I kinda wonder, why
expected this behaviour.
Maybe I don't see the (not manual) placement of the icons as a grid, as
you say, but as a wrapped line. It is strange not to be able to follow
the alphabetical order of the items anyhow.

David