Re: Ctrl-backspace deletes?

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:49 -0500, Steve Fox wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 19:19 +0200, Daniel Poersch wrote:
>
> > I think I saw a MacOS Friend using C-Backspace as Delete, anybody
> > who can confirm?
>
> With Alex and you confirming, I guess I will just have to be more
> careful then. Still seems like a strange combination to me though.
> Thanks.

Didn't Macs used to label their backspace key delete? I vaguely remember
seeing an old Italic-font Apple keyboard like that. Given that the
majority of our platforms call that key backspace nowadays, and most
also have a separate "delete" key (which is bound to delete a file),
perhaps the shortcut should be reconsidered.