Re: nautilus 2.8 string freeze break request

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 22:42 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> tis 2004-10-12 klockan 17.13 skrev Alexander Larsson:
> > Is it ok to commit this patch on the 2.8 branch? (well, on HEAD, since
> > Nautilus isn't branched yet).
> >
> > It adds the strings:
> > "Open New _Window"
> > "Open another Nautilus window for the displayed location"
>
> Having a little more background information, that provides some clue as
> to how important a patch is considered to be and why, always helps...
> I'll use the word "I assume" more than I'd like to in the following.
>
> If this patch fixes an important regression, then it has my approval for
> breaking the string freeze. My reasoning is that these are only two
> messages, and that since it appears to be a regression, most languages
> who have had Nautilus fully translated previously will have these
> messages already translated in their translations. Also, regressions are
> bad for the users, and the 2.8.2/2.8.x release/releases are the time to
> fix regressions if they haven't been already.

Yeah. Its a regression. We used to have this, but it accidentally got
lost.

> The approval is given under the condition that you'll let translators
> know when the patch has been committed to CVS, so that translators know
> when they may need to update their translations.

I commited it now.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fast talking Jewish librarian on a search for his missing sister. She's
a disco-crazy paranoid lawyer with the power to see death. They fight crime!