Re: nautilus 2.8 string freeze break request

On Di, 2004-10-12 at 17:13 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Is it ok to commit this patch on the 2.8 branch? (well, on HEAD, since
> Nautilus isn't branched yet).
>
> It adds the strings:
> "Open New _Window"
> "Open another Nautilus window for the displayed location"

I haven't noticed this before, but does it add those two menu items?
I'm not sure this is "Gnomey", I feel that either of them should be
enough (called New Window), and then have a property, which folder is
opened with this button in the config. Possibilities would be
"Home" (default) "Desktop", "current" and a entry where you can put any
folder you want to.
What do you think of this? It's just that I don't like the idea of
having these two very similar items, but see that there is a need for
different people to open different folders by default.
Personally I don't care which one it is, since I use the uri-entry, but
generally it's best to have the home folder, since a second window of
the current folder hardly make sense. If you want to open a subfolder in
a new window you can do this already iirc (sorry can't check right now,
my gtk is kinda broken and nautilus crashes every 3 seconds, which is
why I don't have it running)

Take care

David