Re: .jpg thumbnailing

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 16:27 +0200, Kotrla Vitezslav wrote:
> I was thinking about this one before, but just today found courage
> to ask. It seems like Nautilus is using two different approaches
> to thumbnailing .jpg pictures. Please see attached file, paying
> attention to different thumbnail sizes.
>
> I just wonder what is the reason behind and how can I get consistent
> thumbnailing [I prefer the nice bordered and shadowed one :-)]

This is for all files. Very small files are not thumbnailed, but instead
the file itself is used as the thumbnail. This very often happens for
icons, which are typically not rectangular, so dropshades would look
bad.

I guess the best fix would be to actually calculate real dropshadows.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong vegetarian cyborg on his last day in the job. She's
an enchanted wisecracking lawyer from Mars. They fight crime!