Re: Regarding "Connect To..."

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 17:03 -0800, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> Shouldn't Nautilus' "Connect To..." be moved under the "Actions" gnome-panel
> menu?
> IMHO, it has no place in Nautilus, *especially* now that Nautilus' default
> UI is spatial. I mean, the "Find Files" has more place into Nautilus than
> "Connect To..." has, and yet, their placement is reversed.
>
> And whoever gets the job, might be an idea to also integrate to the "Connect
> To..." panel other options too, like SSH, telnet, wi-fi, bluetooth, etc.,
> options that are not only file-based. And Vino should be under the ConnectTo
> panel too instead of a seperate pref panel. Some integration on this issue
> would be good.

  I agree.

  But there's also 'Open Location...'.  It should go into the Actions
too, IMHO, since it is not related in any way to any particular nautilus
window.  It only makes sense to have the accelerator (Ctrl-L) available,
but the menu item should go into the panel.

  This reminds me also of a bit of 'Connect To...' confusion.  AFAIK,
you can connect to any server with 'Open Location...'.  The only
difference between them is that 'Connect To...', besides opening the
URI, adds a shortcut to it in Computer/Desktop.  Thus, the name of this
action is not accurate.  It should be more like 'Add Network
Shortcut...'.  Unless I'm missing something...

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic