RE: PROPONSAL : nautilus-sendto

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:27, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> This is nice addition, but please don't place things on the default context
> menu of Nautilus. In fact, I find this to be a huge Nautilus design problem
> having apps putting stuff in there and altering the default menu. We have
> Windows Explorer shell extension that does it wrong and lets third-party
> apps bloat its menu beyond belief, there is no reason for Nautilus to do the
> same mistake.
>
> Instead, I would like to see Nautilus evolve its scripting/addon system and
> have apps putting their add-ons there, as a sub-menu on the context menu,
> instead of the root menu.
An admin should be able to put some things root in context menu.
I really miss "Add to zip/bzip/gzip" menu. And my users, too.

BTW. having both "Use default background" and "Change desktop
background" could be a one menu entry with the latter name. How often do
a user need to set the background to default. It is not an averyday
task.

Also "Clean up by name" and "Keep aligned" could be a one menu "Manage
desktop icons" with two submenu items.

Regards,

Olaf