Re: Nautilus' Open Location Dialog launchable from command line?

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 11:18:30AM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le lun 08/11/2004 ?? 08:14, Nigel Tao a ??crit :
> > As somebody mentioned on http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2021 recently:
> >
> > -------
> > Ctrl+L is great for avoiding having to middle click thru a deep folder
> > structure, but it's only available when you are in a nautilus window.
> > How about having it the desktop itself and the panels are responsive
> > to Ctrl+L. That way you wouldn't have to open a nautilus window simply
> > to be able to Ctrl+L and open the directory you really wanted to be
> > looking at.
> > -------
> >
> > I like this idea, although I would prefer Ctrl+Alt+L rather than Ctrl+L,
> > since the former is similar to the current Ctrl+Alt+D for Show Desktop,
> > and the latter is likely to be used by other applications.
>
> On my FC2 desktop, Alt+F2 works very well for that (just enter a
> directory instead of a command).

The problem with the run command dialog is that it's very slow (doing
command completion or something, there's been other discussion about
this here I think) and some users (myself for example) may have learned
not to use alt-f2 due to this.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain