Re: Open Location from anywhere

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:07:37AM -0400, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A lot of times I would like to be able to just press a keyboard shortcut
> and get the Nautilus Open Location dialog (the one you get with
> Control-L in a Nautilus window). This would be very handy when you want
> to quickly open a specific folder that is not in your home directory.

The 'Run Application' dialog accepts filepaths/urls to open
Nautilus/Epiphany. It's accessibel at all times.
But it's missing autocompletion (for all but app names).

I think it would be the best to replace 'Run Application' by an
'Open Location' dialog for the desktop, making it ubiquitous.

---
Thorsten Wilms